Trying to find a zero turn lawn mower that offers top end speed with the consistency and quality of cut you’d expect from high-caliber mower used to be a bit of a challenge – until the Cheetah lineup from SCAG came along, anyway.
Capable of speeds that can top out at up to 25 km/h (combined with a coil over shock suspension system that keeps you nice and comfortable – not to mention safe – at these high-end speeds), the Velocity Plus mowing deck operates in perfect sync to guarantee you get the efficient, clean cuts you’ve always gotten from SCAG zero turn mowers in the past.
Two different speed settings (low range and high range, offering up to 19 km/h and up to 25 km/h respectively) allow you to decide whether or not you want to zoom through larger lawns or take your time and get a little bit better fuel efficiency along the way. You’re always in complete control when it comes to the Cheetah.
A 61 inch mower deck is going to make quick work of lawns no matter how fast you’re going, and you’ll still get the kind of zero turn capabilities you’d expect from this company. Agile, relatively compact, and easy to maneuver with oversized steering and speed control arms the Cheetah is a dream to use.
Available on backorder
VELOCITY PLUS REAR DISCHARGE
- Operator Suspension System isolates the operator foot and seat platform via a coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The operator platform (seat and foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts (front pivot, rear pivot and shock…that’s it!). In addition to the platform, Quick-Fit control levers and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Up to 16 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Two-speed, ZT-5400 transaxles = Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). High Range is perfect for traveling from job site to job site in an industrial park or subdivision or for transport back to the trailer. High Range can be used for cutting in less demanding conditions, like late season cutting, laying patterns or cutting dry grass. Most general cutting is best performed in Low Range.
- Choose a 61″ or 72″ Velocity Plus™ cutter deck and match that with a Briggs Vanguard EFI, Kawasaki FX series, or Kohler EFI.
- Tri-Plate cutter deck top is incredibly strong. .485″ deck top thickness from three separate layers of steel (7ga., 10ga, and 11ga.)
- Choose a 61″ Velocity Plus™ Rear Discharge cutter deck and match that with a 31hp Kawasaki FX
- Dual fuel tanks, 15 gallon total capacity keep you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower’s low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability.
- Tiger Eye Advanced Monitoring System keeps a constant, real-time “eye” on important system functions on your Scag Cheetah. Depending on engine selection, a wide variety of systems are monitored in real-time, giving you valuable information in just a glance, right from the operator’s seat. Backlit panel makes viewing easy in all conditions.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than “bolt together” frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers up to 350 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced. GT3.5 clutch with 250 ft. lbs. of torque is used on the 27HP Kawasaki FX powered 61″ Cheetah’s.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1.25″ to 5″ in 1/4″ increments.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- The steering dampers have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
- Custom, high-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds away without adding height or length to the mower when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6.5 – 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
- “Split-Steel” pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys – Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Flip-up footplate panel for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located in the instrument panel.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag “Simply the Best” commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- High-strength cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hour meter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many time saving, money making accessories for the Cheetah like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers,halogen light kits and more.
|Width (chute down)||186.7cm|
|Width (chute up)||159.4cm|